Findings from 2000 Master Plan Update (Nov. 2002)
Findings from the 2000 Master Plan
- The K-8 school proposed for the Tidelands Property was not implemented due
to legal constraints.
- The (3) new classrooms were placed at Lincoln and (2) two new classrooms
at Bay Farm to accommodate K-5 and 6-8 student growth.
- The relocation of Woodstock to Catellus has not occurred. Work is
- Island High has not been relocated to date
- Alameda High overcrowding has been partially accommodated by relocating
the HOME Project and remodeling the machine shop. The District Offices
spaces have not been relocated and the Administrative Center of the historical
building is usable for classrooms.
- Additional classrooms have added to K-5 facilities to accommodate all day
- District warehouse and maintenance facilities have not been relocated.
Findings from the Current Update
- An enrollment growth bubble will occur in grades 6-12 district
- Enrollment at all District facilities needs to be balanced if the District
wants to avoid adding portable classrooms at specific facilities.
- At a minimum, nine (9) portables are need at all three (3) middle schools
and seven (7) to Alameda High School above those sited in number 2.
- The Catellus school can be built on the twelve acre site. If constructed
as a K-8 facility it could absorb a portion of the 6-8 bubble.
- The District could absorb the 6-8 bubble by adding a sixth
grade at Washington and Earhart elementary schools.
- The District has the option to convert Woodstock Elementary to other uses,
move Island High to a more suitable facility, convert the District offices
to classrooms, convert the city library temporarily at Alameda High to
classrooms uses and convert the Tidelands property to a revenue property
- The District has $91,800,000 in outstanding
needs from the 2000 Master Plan.
Send mail to email@example.com with
questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: January 24, 2003
Disclaimer: This website is the sole responsibility of Mike
McMahon. It does not represent any official opinions, statement of facts or
positions of the Alameda Unified School District. Its sole purpose is to
disseminate information to interested individuals in the Alameda community.