Planning Options from Facilities Master Plan Workshop(April 19, 2005)
- Construct New 600 Student School - This has already been approved by the Board and should be completed by September, 2006.
- Relocate Woodstock Elementary Students to New School - This School was designed by the Woodstock community with the idea that they would occupy it when completed.
- Relocate Miller Elementary Students to New School - Miller student enrollment could be accomodated in the new school.
- Temporarily Relocate District Offices to Miller Elementary - District Office must vacate Historic Alameda High School for seismic upgrade of this facility. This relocation would allow the upgrade of the library section and District Office section of the building. Classrooms would thne be created for Alameda High School expansion.
- Relocate Island High School to Woodstock Elementary - Island High would be able to utilize the permanent construction of this facility. Current portables are old and showing dry rot in many areas. The new site would be able to accomodate a PE program and could have a lunch program and assembly area. The District is also authorized to use the proposed Boys & Girls Club facility during school hours.
- Construct low/moderate income housing on the current Island High School site - Through agreement with the City of Alameda, the District is authorized to use funds as low income to moderate imcome housing. These units could be utilized by District employees who qualify.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: January 29, 2003
Disclaimer: This website is the sole responsibility of Mike
McMahon. It does not represent any official opinions, statement of facts or
positions of the Alameda Unified School District. Its sole purpose is to
disseminate information to interested individuals in the Alameda community.